I use to live in San Francisco and I often get asked about the basics of things to do. I have combined a few emails into the following blog post. Enjoy the city by the bay! One of the great places on earth.
- Double deck bus tour of the city and Golden Gate Bridge: Allocate half day.
- Alcatraz – Allocate half a day – YOU MUST PRE-BOOK. IT IS ALWAYS HEAVILY BOOKED AND YOU CAN’T WALK UP
- Go and see SF giants in the baseball at AT&T park in the SF downtown. Sit behind, above, immediately left or right of the diamond/plate. BUY the tickets on Stubhub (secondary market):
- SF 49ers move to their new stadium near San Jose this year. Should be worth seeing. Again get the tix through Stubhub.
- San Jose Sharks in hockey is an awesome night out. They play in San Jose and get the tickets through Stubhub.
- The Giants play until September and October. The 49ers and Sharks start around September.
- The Filmore in SF downtown
- Mountain Winery Saratoga near San Jose
Places to go
- 3 hours. Yosemite: In the park or stay in Mariposa
- 4 hours. Lake Tahoe. Ski Heavenly and stay at at the Embassy Suites (Hilton)
- 3 hours. Hearst Castle: Crazy place south of Monterey at San Simeon
- 45 mins. Go to the Half Moon Bay Brewery for clam chowder!